The Audits Division holds its annual “Meet the Agency” event on Oct. 30, an opportunity for potential job candidates to meet the division’s financial, performance and information technology auditors and learn about our work.
The event runs from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Oct. 30, in Room 50 on the lower level of the state Capitol, 900 Court St. NE. Attendees will hear from current auditors and interact with them in small group discussions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 23rd to RSVP.
The Secretary of State’s Audits Division hires three types of auditors:
- Duties: Audit Oregon’s financial statements, evaluate compliance with grant requirements and rules, and determine whether agencies have adequate internal controls in place. Perform investigations and issue other public reports on financial and compliance projects.
- Qualifications: Typical candidates have an accounting major or a degree that includes upper division accounting courses, plus a year or more of auditing experience. Internships are also available.
- Duties: Analyze data, conduct interviews and look for best practices to determine how agencies can improve. Write public reports detailing potential improvements.
- Qualifications: Candidates typically have a year or more of experience in auditing or program evaluation or analysis. The division accepts a Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of 12 majors, such as business or public administration, social services, economics, public health and journalism.
Information technology auditors
- Duties: Review and evaluate agency information systems and evaluate control effectiveness. Write public reports on agency performance and potential improvements.
- Qualifications: Typical candidates have a year or more of professional IT experience. The division accepts degrees, or degrees with upper division course work, in computer science, management information systems, accounting or business administration.
This event is an information session. Please contact the Secretary of State’s Human Resources Division at email@example.com for current job announcements and information on how to apply.